[ic] American Express

Mon Nov 19 19:34:00 2001

I just tried to make a charge on my American Express card at Domain Discover
and it was declined. I called American Express and learned the reason.

In the expiration date I had put in '05'as the month when the actual
expiration month is '06'. I was told that they are now declining all charges
with an incorrect expiration date.

I have also encountered this, a little, with Visa and MasterCard.

If you are getting declinations and the customers are insisting that there
is money in the account, check the expiration dates closely.

(I don't have a problem with this procedure, and I'm not objecting to it. In
fact, I like it!)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, November 19, 2001 at 19:30 PM:
Scrute the inscrutable, eff the ineffable.

This Linux System has been up 190 hours