[ic] Problems with interchange 4.6.3 install

Tue Nov 20 08:38:01 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 09:04:38PM +1000, Peter Moutsatsos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first install attempt of interchange, but I am quite
> knowledgable in linux.
>
> I've received the following error when I run ./configure.
>
> It occurs during, I presume, the 'make test' section:
>
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
> -I/usr/libdata/perl5.00503/mach -I/usr/libdata/perl5.00503 test.pl
> server/unixmode...... ok 1
> server/startup........... ok 2
> link/unixmode........... ok 3
> server/inetmode....... ok 4
> link/inetmode............ not ok 5
> server/control........... ok 6
> 6 tests run -- 1/6 tests failed.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Any ideas how I can fix this installation error?

I'd bet you can ignore it and proceed.  That would be for cross
server catalogs, say ssl on one machine and the catalog on another.
If you are running it all on one machine, you won't need inetmode.
It has to do with your tlink code in src directory.  Anyone
knowledgable should be able to get tlink to work when and if they
need it later.  :-)  Likewise I assume you have good reason to
use old versions like 4.6.3 and perl5.005.

cfm