[ic] SQL database on another server, Still having wizard problems

Dorothy Puma interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 17:15:00 2001

Daniel,

I don't know about your Wizard problem, but as far as using an SQL database on
another server, I've done this several times,
When running the makecat:

dbi:mysql:database=NAMEOFDATABASE;host=HOSTNAME:port=3309

Then on your extra options:

-u USERNAME -p -h HOSTNAME --port=3309

If you have already run your makecat, then just edit your catalog.cfg file:

#Variable    SQLDSN
dbi:mysql:database=NAMEOFDATABASE;host=HOSTNAME:port=3309
#Variable    SQLDB           NAMEOFDATABASE
#Variable    SQLUSER         USERNAME
#Variable    SQLPASS         PASSWORD

Hope this helps.
---