[ic] Items list remains empty after upload products ??

MF ramsis interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 22:53:01 2001

MF ramsis wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> I'm running RedHat Linux 7.2   2.4.9-13, MySQLVer 11.15 Distrib
> 3.23.41, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386),  IC V4.8.2, used the Redhat
> RPM's for install and the CPAN modules.
> Install went fine, no errors or dependency issues.
>
> After some days of work I'm not able to convince IC to upload my
> products.xls file.
> I do this through the wizard, which tells me after the upload that it
> was succesfull ..... not really :-(
> The Items list remains empty.
>
> I have used also the tarball before, but this has the same effect, no
> items are really uploaded in spite of
> IC  wizard seas they are ?
> Then I installed the demo catalog "foundation-demo" , which went ok, I
> can see that the store is populated.
> Then  deleted the "foundation-demo " items/catagories
> so i could trie to upload my products.xls file afterwards...... but
> still nothing to see despite of IC telling me again that
> it went fine.
>
> The products.xls file is populated correctly as it should with the
> required feelds (columns).

Well, reading again through the docs "IC databases "  on page 9, it seas
to set
EXEL attribute to 1, to avoid problems when importing exel sheets.
Have done this  but without success, also opened and saved the file
again to make sure it was tab delimited, also
this doesn't make the file to be imported, no items on the list again ?

Still digging further.....

Meanwhile what could I have missed ?