[ic] Searching multiple fields question

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 01:11:17 2001

* Ed LaFrance wrote on Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 10:31 -0800:
> Yes. I've generally found that, when doing complex searches, it is easier
> to collect search criteria in one step with a simple non-search form, then
> analyze the input and compose/submit the search in a second
> step.

Thank you for that tip; I implemented it like that, it's just
nice.

> Additionally, in your case, I think an SQL query might work best for
> that second step.

I did that, with has aditinally the advantage, that my SQL
knowlegde is better than my IC knowlegde, so it's more easy for
me. Thank you!

Just for completness, if anyone is interessted in some example
code for a SQL search page, drop me a note.

oki,

Steffen