[ic] workaround found for 99%CPU usage problem in Vend/SessionFile.pm: "::uneval($ref);" fixes it

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 01:12:23 2001

* Mike Heins wrote on Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 19:58 -0500:
> Quoting Steffen Dettmer (steffen@dett.de):
> > Thank you for the hint. You suggest to do a make test in the perl
> > sources, right? I'll have to upgrade Perl anyway, so I'll do it.
>
> If it is Linux, this is probably not an issue other than the general
> out-of-datedness of your software.

I reinstalled all interchange software from TGZ, upgraded to perl
5.6, reinstalled Bundle::interchange (well, anythink was done
automatically by configure). I had no errors.

> Aha. That is it -- flock() doesn't work across NFS filesystems.

I have the catalogs local now. It doesn't solve the problem.

> And it won't work at all if you don't have lockd running; even
> then you should set LockType to "fcntl" if you want to still
> try NFS. But on the 2.2.x kernel series there is not much hope
> of it working.

Is there not much hope to get NFS + 2.2.x working, or on 2.2.x in
general?

> In any case, I am certain if it moves to a local file system
> the problem will disappear.

I moved catalogs without success. The interchange installation
was already local. Any ideas?

oki,

Steffen