[ic] workaround found for 99%CPU usage problem in Vend/SessionFile.pm: "::uneval($ref);" fixes it

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 22 16:31:00 2001

* Mike Heins wrote on Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 08:47 -0500:
> Quoting Steffen Dettmer (steffen@dett.de):
> > > In any case, I am certain if it moves to a local file system
> > > the problem will disappear.
> >
> > Well, it doesn't.
>
> Did you remove all of your data files? The Storable files can easily
> get corrupted. Usually Storable will tell you, though, with error
> messages.

Yes, I set up a complete new catalog to go for sure.

> I would suggest updating Storable,

oki, so I'll check CPAN.

> or trying to install on a new setup

Well, I reinstalled interchange 4.8.2 from tgz but into the same
destination. I think anythink in use has been overwritten.

> and seeing if you can duplicate. I have never seen this before,
> and I can guarantee it is not a normal mode of operation.

I'm afraid that this problem is not caused by storable itself but
by it's loader, but I don't understand enough of the autoloader.
I'll try gdb, but think the perl is compiled without debug
symbols/stripped, so I think I will not see much. But thanks for
the tips, I'll try them and report the results next week.

Thank you for your quick reply.

oki,

Steffen