[ic] RE: [ic] Canīt use a db - table/ just products

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Nov 24 15:24:00 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Florian Schuler
>
> Hello list,
>
> I have problems to do a sql statement with other tables  than products
!!
> Iīm usinng IC 4.8.2, Postgres 7.1
> The table I want to use, is called "servicesupport"
>
> I created the file servicesupport.pgsql" in my dbconf/pgsql/. see at
the
> end
> of this E-Mail
> In my catalog.cfg I added servicesupport to "ProductFiles  products
> servicesupport"
>
> Then I resarted (like 1001 times before) IC.
> Now, I do something like this:
>
> [query st=db list=1 sql="select * from servicesupport where
artikelnr=2"]
> This is my FAX number:[sql-field fax] (for example)
> [/query]

Try: [query st=db list=1 sql="select sku, fax from servicesupport where
artikelnr=2"]
This is my FAX number:[sql-field fax] (for example)
[/query]

It may be an issue with the "select *".  I always use a complete field
list after seeing performance degradation and problems when creating
stored procedures in MS SQL Server when using the '*' for a field list
(this was not on an IC project).  The MS engine compiles the stored
procedure for quicker execution and in some cases the * caused problems
in 6.5.  I'm not positive this is the problem but it's worth a shot ;)