[ic] Sudden Cybercash Error

Eric Paul interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Nov 25 20:57:01 2001

At 04:54 PM 11/23/2001, you wrote:
>At 04:43 PM 11/23/2001, you wrote:
>>On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 04:15:03PM -0500, Eric Paul wrote:
>> > One of my clients who has had a store up and running for a couple
>> years now
>> > just started having a problem yesterday.  When clearing cards thru
>> > CyberCash, the following error message is showing up in the log:
>> >
>> > starfire /cgi-bin/starfire/process.html Cybercash Error:
>> > your request.
>> >     400 Bad Request
>> > >

>> > This error occurred suddenly, and with no configuration changes on our
>> > part.  Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?  I know that Verisign
>> > was going to be changing some things with CC, but I was informed that the
>> > methods called from the Perl libraries were not changing.  Any ideas?

Many thanks to everyone who replied.

The problem turned out to be unrelated to Interchange and CyberCash.  My
upstream installed the latest Squid cache over the holiday weekend, and for
some reason this breaks CyberCash's card processing forms.  I'm guessing
that Squid must have been re-writing the encrypted data and CC's server
flipped out, hence the error 400 I was getting.  For the record, they
upgraded Squid to 2.4Stable2 from 2.3Stable4.  I figured I'd make sure all
the important info made it into the archives on the off chance someone else
gets bit by this bug.

Thanks again everyone!  I'm finally off to a well deserved nap...

Eric