[ic] search error: Limit subroutine creation

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 03:01:00 2001

cfm@maine.com wrote:

> > > We don't use that kind of search any more so I can't give you any code.
> >
> > What kind of search? I'm in a muddle!
>
> A scan page is doing a search.

What another kind of search can you use with a perl script and
LWP::UserAgent?
Have you a simple little example to use a POST Methode with
LWP::UserAgent in a perl script to call IC for searching anything?
I will be very glad to use another kind of search methode to get a right
search results in my perl script.

> > If you are so kind to explain me the meaning of the error message, I
> > will be very glad about your help, information or suggestions.
>
> You are passing "SCSI-III (U2W/160) LVD Kabel" as part of the
> http request and it is not being decoded properly.  You need to
> encode the request properly.

> /SCSI-III (U2W/  <---- Oops, that last / is killing the parenthesis
> match.  Not that you want that either!
>
> My suggest is that you use another category string,
> "SCSI_III_U2W_160_LVD_Kabel" is what Squash sub would produce.
> That doesn't even have to be encoded.
>
> If you can get IC to do this search and copy the URL to your
> LWP that might do the trick.  Or use the filter in lib/Vend/Util
> http_encode (maybe url_encode) I'm not sure which.

I've tried the same search string urldecode per hand in my browser with
no luck. :-(

Thank you very much and please .... stay on this threat!

 Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]