[ic] search error: Limit subroutine creation

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 10:34:00 2001

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> Joachim Leidinger <jojo@blackpoint.de> writes:
>
> [...]
>

> > Stefan,
> >
> > it seems to me, LWP::UserAgent use the URI module to escape some
> > characters and I don't need URI::Escape. This part
> >
> > ------- snip ----------
> > se=SCSI%20III%20(UW%20&%20U2W)%20Festplattenwechselrahmen
> > ------- snip ----------
> >
> > is coming from the apache log. How can I prevent LWP::UserAgent to use
> > the URI to uri_escape the calling url?
>
> That is the wrong way. Special characters have to be escaped in
> the URL, otherwise you violate specifications. Don't do this.
> The culprit in this case is probably the & which isn't escaped
> (LWP::UserAgent couldn't know about this). Use the
> POST method instead of GET and escape the parameters manually.

Yes! I know! But I'm in a muddle, because

se=SCSI%20III%20%28UW%20%26%20U2W%29%20Festplattenwechselrahmen
se=SCSI%20III%20%28UW%20
se=SCSI%20III%20%28

can't find the items. Only

se=SCSI%20III%20

can find the items. But I get all items from all subgroup of "SCSI III
.......".
With the character "(" or "se=SCSI%20III%20%28", I get an empty pages
always. It is very strange for me, that IC is able to handle %20 right,
but not with %28 or %26. Why?

9 of ~233 subgroups is empty! :-((

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]