[ic] foundation advice: is interchange usefull for me?

Tue Nov 27 11:40:01 2001

At 12:04 PM 11/27/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I am planning to use interchange-foundation for a few sites. I wouldn't
>need all the options since I only wanted to use it's engine as a
>catalog-database system and give the owners the possibility of easily
>adjust their catalog and product options, and to let them gain a
>database of registered users for offline promotion. I'm not interested
>in internet-selling stuff, just showing products in an easy and
>organised way, with personal comments, search possibility,...
>
>What are your thoughts on this? Would it be very difficult to adjust the
>admin to only show a few of the available options?
>I have some basic Perl knowledge, and starting to become pretty familiar
>with the foundation demo.
>
>thanks in advance.

You can definitely do this, I have... but (I'll probably get flamed for
this) if you just want dynamic layout and content tools, my understanding
is that there is quite a bit to work with in the PHP world that is more
directly tailored to that goal.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax