[ic] Making store popup without redirect

Tue Nov 27 19:15:00 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 steve@moddepot.com wrote:

>>How can I make my domain point right to the store. right now I have a
>>index.html which redirects to the store. but the search engines don't like
>>this. how can I make the store come right up with my domain. also where can
>>I add meta tags on the foundation? just but them in the index.html page? or
>>what. thanks in advance

An interesting question....

I got around it by putting up a small index page directly at the domain
name. At the top of that I put all of my meta tags for search engines to hit
on and pick up. This page also has all of the criteria for the new Internet
Explorer security stuff so that it all gets done and over right there.

I have a meta tag that causes that page to go away after 10 seconds and
bring on the main IC page through the cgi-bin directory. Thee is also a
clickable link at the bottom of the page if someone is in a hurry.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, November 27, 2001 at 19:10 PM:
URA Redneck if your dog can smoke a cigarette.

This Linux System has been up 52 hours