[ic] Handling inventory

Steve Graham interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 22:54:02 2001

Hello,

I have a similar setup. I have set up interchange server to use mysql
database.
My company database software resides on a NT box. I can access my windows
database with MS Active Server Pages (.asp) and also access the mysql server
simultaneoulsy with the odbc connector set up on the Windows box (Mysql
offers this odbc connector). I access my windows database via Windows
activer server pages, and update the database on the mysql server on the
fly. I am familiar with accessing databases via .asp and am sure there might
be other ways to do this, but it works, and this way I can adjust stock 1,
or 2 times a day.

Of course, all my machines are setting next to each other behind the
firewall, which makes communication easy.

Good Luck,
Steve