[ic] RE: How to upgrade from 4.8.2 to 4.8.3

Thu Nov 29 20:10:00 2001

> I would like to know what is the safest manner in which to upgrade from
> 4.8.2 to 4.8.3. without having to delete my current catalog and or change
my
> SQL database, where data from version 4.8.2 resides?

Read the UPGRADE file in the tarball. Very little to it. Basically make a
back up of your current install dir /usr/local/interchange (or whatever) for
safety purposes and then simply install. It won't touch your catalogs or
mySQL data in any way (at least it didn't for us) You only need to be
concerned if you have created custom usertags or perhaps modified the admin
area in /usr/local/interchange/lib

Note there is a typo in the UPGRADE file. For backup it suggest using:
tar xzvf ~/ic_backup.tar.gz /usr/lib/interchange

I think they meant:
tar czvf ~/ic_backup.tar.gz /usr/lib/interchange

Simon