[ic] Internationalization

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 16:12:00 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Dan Browning
>
> > Which countries/languages are supported for
> > internationalization of IC out of the box?  I understand that
> > for pricing that 'setlocale' is used which can handle many
> > different currencies; however I'd like to know which
> > languages are also supported in the admin interface as well
> > as the foundation demo.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > -Ron
>
> Doesn't anyone do their own homework anymore?  4.8.3 Admin interface
has
> these translations out of the box:

I searched the online docs, for things like locale,
internationalization, german, etc... the following were returned Locale,
LocaleDatabase, Euro Pricing, Internationlization, and Interchange
Locale Settings, none of which showed a list of the included
translations.  The WHATSNEW file showed the newly added translations
(Portuguese, Hebrew, Japanese), but did not contain a list of all of the
translations.  A search of the list had many questions about Locale and
even a question if Portuguese existed, but a list of the included
translations was not found.  I *try* to find my answers before I post a
question to the list and I apologize if this was easily found, I looked
and could not find it.  If you could provide where you found these
answers I will add it to my search path next time I have a question.

> Dansk
> Deutsch
> English
> Hebrew
> Japanese
> Nederlands
> Português
> Svenska
>
> But there is not artificial limit on what you can translate (I think
it
> rather more depends on perl, no?).  (Heck, if Japanese is possible,
> *anything* is possible).

That's good to hear.  I did find that it uses 'setlocale' which I assume
is a Perl library for handling different currencies.  I'll look into
this further to see if it will do as the client needs it to.

> HAND,
>
> Dan Browning
> Kavod Technologies

Take it easy Dan and thanks for the help,
-Ron