[ic] [error.. tag and e-mail format usernames problem

Wed Oct 3 17:50:01 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Bruno Cantieni wrote:

BC>>I'm developing a series of stores on IC 4.6.5
BC>>The client requests usernames be in e-mail format.
BC>>The only problem with this I have run into so far is that e.g. on the checkout page no errors are
BC>>displayed when using e-mail format usernames, while it works fine with regular names.
BC>>The message "There were errors in your last submission.
BC>>They are shown in RED below." is displayed, so it certainly traps the errors, alas, the [error
BC>>std_label="anything".....] tags don't generate the error messages.
BC>>
BC>>Can someone shed light on this?

Joachim Richter sent me a link that other day when he was asking me about
stock alerts.

When I checked it out, the guy (I can't remember his name  [you know what
they say about getting old!] but I give him a lot of credibility) was doing
e-mail log ins as a part of his stock alert function.

http://developer2.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg06143.html

BC>>Can I expect other problems to crop up using e-mail addresses as usernames??

I can't see why.

Personally, I have mixed emotions about it. Many of the various sites where
I have accounts use e-mail for log ins. However, I've got at least a half
dozen different e-mail addresses, depending on what I am doing. So, it's
always questionable as to what e-mail address I used when I opened that
account. Most people only have one e-mail address (I think) so it should
work fine.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, October 03, 2001 at 17:40 PM:
Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

This Linux System has been up 216 hours