[ic] How to for setting up encryption

RobertTrembath interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 5 16:33:01 2001

Good Afternoon,

I and several others have asked how to just get the CC info back on the
e-mail going to the store owner for those of us who have upgraded our
stores from 4.6.x to 4.8.x. It was suppose to be backwards compatible.
It is for the most part with exception to the many modifications we've
had to make including redoing our authorize.net integration.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not tying to bitch. I love IC and admire the
hard work behind it. Not all of us are long time linux programmers and
have learned IC by diving in head first like many of you. I do however
need to know how to setup encryption on my RH 7.0 machine running IC 4.8
because no one seems to know how to revert it back to showing the CC
info w/o encryption for my older catalogs.

Issue # 1 - Does anyone have a how-to for setting up encryption or
showing the CC info in the store owners e-mail without it.

Issue # 2 - About a month ago I sent a message to the list about setting
up some custom pricing and, based on the response I received, I set up a
MFG price in the Price field and the price I want to sell for in the Q2
field. I then set the PriceField to read Q2 in the catalog.cfg file.
Needless to say, no dice. I want to read the actual sell price from the
q2 field for the cart and checkout sections. I want to use the values in
Price as a manufacturer list price for display only. If some one has
done something similar please share it with us on the list so it can be
included with the docs. This is a valuable feature and everything I've
tried doesn't work.

Thanks,
Robert