[ic] table editor problems with sql database

Fri Oct 5 17:38:00 2001

At 02:08 PM 10/05/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>Ok I tracked it down to why the table editor isn't working with sql tables
>for me, but not sure on the best fix.  Basically, my sql database is very
>large, and the table editor is not setting mv_auto_export so the changes
>are not being saved.  If I manually add mv_auto_export=tablename to the
>resulting html it works fine.  I do not have noexport set btw.

Exporting just creates a text copy of your sql table in tablename.txt.  You
should not need to do it unless you have a specific reason for wanting the
text file synchronized with the sql table, as far as I know. Just make sure
that the mv_searchtype (st) for searches of the table is db or sql, not
text, and you should be ok.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax