[ic] I just need 2 custom fields @ check out

Sat Oct 6 17:07:00 2001

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Jason Miller wrote:

JM>>The cart is great, we love it.  However, upon checkout I need
JM>>TWO custom fields placed:
JM>>
JM>>Make/Model:
JM>>Year:
JM>>
JM>>This is information on their car.  I know it's possible, and
JM>>I've already added the text input things in the HTML so it does
JM>>display.  However, I need it to send me it as part of an order
JM>>and store it in the customer information page.  PLEASE can
JM>>someone PLEASE help.  I am new to this so please don't be to
JM>>technical on me :)

This is one of the things that I -=LOVE=- about IC. This solution is
amazingly simple!

In checkout.html put:

<TR>
Make/Model:&nbsp;</font>
<b><font __FFACE__ size ="1">
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="make/model" MAXLENGTH="20">
</TD>
</TR>

Then, in etc/report (and etc/mail_report) put:
Make/Model: [value make/model]

That will make it show up in both the receipt that the customer gets as well
as the e-mail that you get.

Of, course, add whatever other fields you want to know about in the same
way!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, October 06, 2001 at 16:55 PM:
STUPIDITY is NOT a HANDICAP! Park elsewhere!

This Linux System has been up 287 hours