[ic] Wierdness with Data tag and order routes....

Matthew Schick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Oct 7 03:05:01 2001

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 22:17, Mike Heins wrote:
    Quoting Matthew Schick (matt@brightredproductions.com):
    > Hey All,
    >
    > 	I am wrapping up moving a catalog from v4.6x to 4.8.2.  I had setup a
    > simple one-time 'New User' discount and everything has been hunky-dory
    > until the change-over.
    >
    > 	I was using:
    > [data
    > 	table=userdb
    > 	column=na
    > 	key="[data session username]"
    > 	value="0"
    > 	]
    >
    > 	in the log_transaction file to flag the account after the customer made
    > their first purchase.  Now, with v4.8.2, this code no longer updates the
    > 'na' column.
    >
    > 	No errors are flagged anywhere, even in icdebug....  The order goes
    > thru perfectly, but the field simply isn't updated with the correct
    > value.

    I think this is a bug in the changed tag_data routine (checking
    $opt->{value} instead of defined $opt->{value}).

    Workaround would be to put "+0" or "0.00" or even " ".

Thanks for the tips Mike.....  I tried em all, but the same result.  I
also tried setting the value to 2, but no luck.  I also tried using the
import tag as such:

[import table=transactions type=LINE continue=NOTES]
code: [data session username]
na: 2
[/import]

and still no dice....  I even tried setting a scratch variable and had
the same results.

I did, however, find something that works.  Changing this:

	[button
		name="mv_click"
		src="__THEME__/placeorder.gif"
		text="Place Order"
		hidetext=1
		form=checkout
	]
		mv_todo=submit
	[/button]

in the checkout page to this:

	[button
		name="mv_click"
		src="__THEME__/placeorder.gif"
		text="Place Order"
		hidetext=1
		form=checkout
	]
		na=0
		mv_todo=submit
	[/button]

Seems it's not allowing me to update that value in the user database
from a route.....  Very odd.