[ic] Static Page Building

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 12:21:01 2001

racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg (Racke)) writes:

> * if it works now
> * the Static* configuration settings
> * any problems
> * where the documentation lacks

I use it and it mostly works.  I haven't had much luck saying "never
make this page static".  Also, the logic for determining what to make
static and what to make dynamic is voodoo to me.  It also seems like
you get "lost" sometimes on the site.  What I mean is that you get a
batch of pages created static; but somewhere there's a link to the
dynamic one.  Once you follow that link to the dynamic page, the
static pages are lost to you.

What would be nice is to be able to say, "make these and only these
pages static".  Also, that list isn't remembered from admin session to
session.  It would be nice if that list were stored somewhere.
However, occationally I know there's just one page that needs
regenerating.  I would like to be able to say, "i know there are lots
of pages that should be made static; but just do this one page"

Another nice feature would be to just dump the index.html into the
docroot.

Ok, one more and I thnk I'm done.  It would be nice to have an admin
UI page that setup a cron job for regenerating pages on a regular
basis.

BTW, all of http://www.lathi.net is IC served pages.  I try to
generate as much of it static as I can.  If you want to see the code
and try and determine why what's made static I'd be happy to share.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543