[ic] IC 4.8.2 Segmentation fault and core dumped

Dennis Schoen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 09:16:03 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:39:01AM +0200, Joachim Leidinger wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I try to use the mailarchives with
> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/htsearch with no luck. Is the
> mailarchivs down?
>
> I've fetched IC 4.8.2 and after Installation, I get a "segmentation
> fault (core dumped) and I'm missing the v/tlink source from
> /path-to-IC-4.8.2/src! There are no source files of vlink and tlink.
> Why?
> IC 4.8.1 runs fine without any trouble. What is the cause? I use FreeBSD
> 4.3!
>
> Any hints, tips and suggestions are very wellcome!
 I just discussed that issue with mike on irc:

<dennis> mike: any news about the 4.8.2 freebsd bug?
<mike> Which bug would that be?
<dennis> read the mailinglist? :) segfault on startup
<dennis> jojo was the last one who reported it
<mike> Aha, that is a Perl bug
<mike> You have to define setproctitle=define or something when building
<dennis> standard perl in freebsd broken?
<mike> Yes, the distro Perl is broken that is nothing new with FreeBSD....
<mike> They shipped Perl 4 as the default perl on the system until December of 1998....
<dennis> 8-)
<mike> Or you can uncomment the $0 = .... lines in bin/interchange, which is
<mike> what causes the core dump.

Ciao
    Dennis
--
"The Idea Is Good But The World Isn't Ready Yet"