[ic] IC 4.8.2 Segmentation fault and core dumped

Tue Oct 9 09:20:05 2001

Quoting Joachim Leidinger (jojo@blackpoint.de):
> Hi List,
>
> I try to use the mailarchives with
> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/htsearch with no luck. Is the
> mailarchivs down?
>
> I've fetched IC 4.8.2 and after Installation, I get a "segmentation
> fault (core dumped) and I'm missing the v/tlink source from
> /path-to-IC-4.8.2/src! There are no source files of vlink and tlink.
> Why?
> IC 4.8.1 runs fine without any trouble. What is the cause? I use FreeBSD
> 4.3!

I believe this is a bug in the distribution FreeBSD Perl, I believe.
Why it manifests itself in 4.8.2 but not 4.8.1 I don't know -- probably
the way the memory lines up.

In any case, if you rebuild Perl and put setproctitle=define I think
it works fine....

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock