[ic] Automatically placing another item in cart when a specific product is ordered

Christopher VanOosterhout interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 10:39:01 2001

Greetings All,

I have tried to search for this in the archives, but it appears that the
search function (from the developer Web site) for this list is broke.  No
matter what I try to search on ... even single terms like order and
interchange I get (0) zero results.

In any case, here is the question.

I would like certain items in my stores to automatically include another
item when ordered.  This would serve to purposes for me.

1) Some of our parts require the charge of a deposit.  As an example, a
bottle of pop.  I would like Interchange to say:  when part number
pepsi2liter is ordered add the item tencntdeposit to the cart.  In our case
we have a core charge on major engine parts.  So when someone orders a
rebuild alternator we would like to automatically add to their cart an item
called Core Charge Deposit for $350.00

2) If figured we could also use this to add specific parts to an order as a
promotion.  Buy a case of filters ... and it will add another filter to the
order (with a special part number) at no charge.

In either case, can anyone point me to a model, email discussion or
documentation about how this may have been accomplished in the past?

Thanks,
Christopher

--
Christopher VanOosterhout