[ic] Multiple shipping tables based on affiliate

Tue Oct 9 11:21:00 2001

Quoting Dave Barr (barrd@cricinfo.com):
> (IC 4.6.5, Debian 2.2-17, MySQL 3.22, Perl 5.005-03)
>
> Hi People,
>
> I have a question regarding the feasibility of having different
> shipping tables based on affiliates using the mv_pc=foo_shop1,
> mv_pc=bar_shop2. I have created a site that has one database but many
> different faces depending on the affiliate, up till now there was a
> central fulfillment house but that has now changed and I need to
> create different shipping tables for each affiliate.
>
> I should point out that I *do not* wish to have separate shops at
> this time, this is part of a long term strategy that in the future
> will allow the sharing of shops contents betwixt several shops using
> a switch in the affiliates db so that they can be independent or part
> of a mall.
>
> Order routing was easy enough to implement, but the shipping has got
> me stumped, if any one has any suggestions / pointers that would help
> kick start me off in the right direction I would be very very
> grateful.

It's pretty easy, I think, and even documented.

You can do at the top of your checkout:

    [if session source]
	[if type=file term="affiliate_shipping/[data session source].asc"]
	<--
	    Reading shipping from affiliate_shipping/[data session source].asc:
	    [shipping file="affiliate_shipping/[data session source].asc"]
	-->
	[/if]
    [/if]

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer