[ic] Tips from Racke

Wed Oct 10 13:51:26 2001

At 10:44 AM 10/10/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Joachim Leidinger <jojo@blackpoint.de> writes:
>

>[...]
>

> > Thank you a lot for the lesson! But when should I use [perl] instead of
> > [calc]?
> > Why not using [calc] only?
>
>While [perl tables="..."] works, [calc tables="..."] does not.
>Think of [perl] as an extension to [calc].
>
>Ciao
>         Racke

I have wondered about this.  Racke, myself and many others have been around
long enough to remember the bad old days of [perl arg="scratch values
session cgi any_other_damn_thing"] and it was nice when that was no longer
needed.  It is possible that the [perl] tag can be made table/file ready,
eliminating the need for the tables parameter, or is the price too
great?  It would be of much benefit, particularly when using the $Tag->
reference in [perl], because if that $Tag-> touches any tables (like
$Tag->shipping())you must include all those tables in the tables list
anyway (at least that was the case in 4.6.x, I admit I have not tried it in
4.8).

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax