[ic] url encode question

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 10:50:01 2001

"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" wrote:

> Joachim Leidinger <jojo@blackpoint.de> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Other question...how will you do, if you use

> > and the field contains "Hans Müller" or "Meier & sons"?
> > If you encode the char "&", you will not get a right page for "Meier &
> > sons"!
>
> I bet Interchange encodes the ü in the result of
> [area ...] and back if it receives a URL with
> escape chars.

Not with "scan" in a area tag! But with

se=[loop-field name]
'
]">[loop-field name]</a>

(answer and hint of Mike Heins). It works! It it better, because you can
find an items, which contains "/" in a a field. With a scan in an area
tag, you will get a "not found" message.

ciao

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]