[ic] url encode question

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 11:25:00 2001

Mike Heins wrote:
> > Other question...how will you do, if you use

> > and the field contains "Hans Müller" or "Meier & sons"?
> > If you encode the char "&", you will not get a right page for "Meier &
> > sons"!
> > Or have you a solutions?
>
> You don't do that, that is the solution. There are many examples of this
> in the foundation catalog.....
>
>         <A HREF="[area search='
>                                 se=[loop-field name]
>                        '
>                  ]">[loop-field name]</A>

Dear Mike,

you are absolutly right! :-)

Hmmm....that is the difference between scan and search in the area tag?
I'm wondering, because I read the doc many times and I can't find any
hints about the difference with the scan and search in a area tag, which
is url encoded or not by MV/IC.

Or am I still on the wrong way?

Thanks!

Joachim

PS:
What is wrong with $0 in interchange 4.8.2? Can the part codes with $0
removed into Server.pm? I've posted my test with removing that codes
intos Server.pm with success under FreeBSD 4.3 and perl 5.005.3
(distribute by FreeBSD as a default perl version)!

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]