[ic] MV_DOLLAR_ZERO question and tips/hints for MV/IC hoster question

Mon Oct 15 13:19:00 2001

At 10:19 PM 10/14/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi MV/IC Guru,
>
>I saw a MV_DOLLAR_ZERO in line 56 of bin/interchange. What is this
>variable for?

Not what your hoping for, I'm afraid.  $0 is a special Perl variable in
which the program "remembers" it's own name; the interchange program just
sets it to something more meaningful than 'perl', and it looks like you can
define an global variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO in interchange.cfg if you want to
give it a name of your own:

Variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO  ic_shop

...and now if you do a ps the interchange process should show up as
'ic_shop' instead of 'interchange'. UNTESTED.

- Ed L.