[ic] mv_credit_card_reference

Tue Oct 16 09:01:01 2001

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 01:44:54PM +0200, Javier Martin wrote:
> Mike Heins said:
>
> > I am working on a new programming guide, and one of the first things
> > it says is:
> >
> > 	Don't use GlobalSub.

Me, I'd not try to run LWP under Safe.  Seems to me you want system.
Then call it as an external process.  That will be easier to manage,
debug and maintain.  Depends also on how often this will be called.

Isn't there a [perl allowglobal=1] or some such?  Alternatively, what
we've done here is create a variant on [perl] tag in Interpolate.pm that
does NOT use Safe; we make heavy use of system calls and external scripts.

If you know how to write that you are aware of the downside; it's not
 a useful or recommended approach for typical catalog.  :-)

YMMV,
cfm