[ic] [Fwd: Naming of RedHat IC Servers]

Tue Oct 16 15:51:00 2001

Quoting Victor Nolton (ven@pragakhan.com):

> >Personally, I believe there are greater concerns than Anthrax, but I
> >have a lot of people under my responsibility (typically of the female
> >gender) that have been shaken and highly agitated since the initial
> >attack and more so with the recent outbreaks of Anthrax.  I'm not amused
> >by RedHat's tremendous lack of sensitivity and ask that someone there
> >deal with this in a little more professional manner because I certainly
> >do not need the additional aggravation...
>

> I would only be annoyed or offended if Red Hat had named the server
> "Anthrax" after the start of the Anthrax scare/situation. But it has
> been around for months. And quite frankly, I don't know why anyone
> would be upset, you can't catch Anthrax through the internet.
>
> And I guess it they are truely offended, Maybe they should just not
> visit the server..

All firewall machines at the old Akopia were named for poisons
or other dangerous agents. I believe there was a "cyanide" and
"strychnine" as well.

This predates the current troubles by well over a year.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.