[ic] mv_credit_card_reference

Wed Oct 17 10:42:00 2001

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> cfm@maine.com writes:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:41:15PM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> > > Speaking of that, it would be nice to have an external interface
> > > (probably via a Perl module) to IC functionalities without running
> > > an server.
> >
> > Seems to me that IC is not particularly useful where one does not need the
> > daemon/session manager.  Certainly the compile time is out of line for
> > one-shot calls.
>
> Just loading the needed Perl modules and some initialization code should
> be fast enough, at least for testing and development purposes.

You can use a couple of the modules for external programs, but
Christopher is right -- everything I have done in the code heavily
sacrifices up-front compilation time for later run-time speed.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown