[ic] Database Table Definitions

Thu Oct 18 19:18:00 2001

Mike,

I think what would be helpful in the documentation is to have a set
of books that describe how IC works and a separate book which explains
how the Foundation Store is set up as a reference implementation of
an IC site.  Right now, the line between what is defined as part of
the IC core and what has been implemented in the Foundation Store is
quite fuzzy.  Might make things much clearer.

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Heins [mailto:mheins@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 2:55 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Database Table Definitions

[snip]

Actually, this is one of the things about Interchange people
don't understand:

    There is no ironclad definition. It is flexible.

I know it pains people that they aren't told exactly what to do in every
situation. But Interchange is flexible, not totally structured. There is
no *one and true* database definition.

We don't require that a certain field be a certain type except what you
see there.

I am afraid you will have to live with that.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

How far can you open your mind before your brains fall out?