[ic] Where can i find the linkbar of the adminmenu ?

Fri Oct 19 18:46:01 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Joel wrote:

J>>sorry about the question but do you really know how many files that are ? A
J>>lot, an i'm sorry that i#m not as fit enough handle some linuxcommands
J>>because i'm new in this bussiness. And the main question is , why is there a
J>>mailinglist then ?
J>>
J>>I read a lot of Sourcefile but i searched in the admin dir because all files
J>>of the admin Section were there, i don not really understand the directiory
J>>buidup the interchangeteam uses ! Sometimes it is a little misteryous to me :)

Joel,

Unfortunately, IC is not simple to understand. If it were simple, it would
not be powerful. A scooter is easy to use and easy to learn. It's uses are
limited. Flying an airplane is difficult to do and difficult to learn. But,
it's far more powerful and far more useful.

IC is not a 'Plug 'n Play' program. IC takes work.

Look at it like a very big box of Lego parts. You can take all of the pieces
and make anything you want. Lego gives you a few ideas of things you can
make with the parts. Lego takes a lot of work and imagination. With enough
Lego parts you can make most anything you want! Including a department
store!

IC easily replicates each part as many times as you want. It has a
tremendous set of various parts for you to apply your imagination to and to
build what you want. But, you have to work at it. Just like you have to work
at a Lego project.

This mailing list is not going to hold your hand and build your store for
you.  However, if you will contact Akopia in Reston, VA, they will build
your store for you - for a price. They are very competent, they are very
helpful. You might want to hire them to help you get off on the right foot.

The mailing list will supply you with answers to specific problems after
you have exhausted the various resources, like the message base for this
mailing list that goes back several years, various FAQ's that have been
written to help people get through specific hurdles.

Asking general questions here, especially questions that show that you have
not done any research, will get ignored or very short answers.

There are also several consultants on this mailing list that are quite
competent at Interchange. Interchange is free. So, paying a consultant to
help you get up and running still makes it a bargain.

Interchange is slicker than snot on a brass doorknob!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, October 19, 2001 at 18:25 PM:
You were destined to read this tagline at this moment.

This Linux System has been up 142 hours