[ic] Need to Know How to proceed

anandha prassanna interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 04:23:01 2001

Hi ,
        I want to proceed how to enter the order into the database. I've
setup a default catalog from catalog buildiung
        tutorial .Thats fine . I've found order route which has been
specified in the catalog.cfg difficult to understand.
        I mean i fail to understand the dependencies. For example i know
under the products dir one should have variables.txt
        to know about all the parse variables. Apart from that i didn't get
the  what the etc/log_transaction does except for
        storing the order into the database. Can any one plz update me the
what r the dependencies exactly for the
        below script.

#==========================================================================#

# This prevents a user from setting this value, you may want to unset
# this if you have user-selectable handling charges like insurance
FormIgnore   mv_handling
#
#

# Along these lines further, for better integrity and less chance of a
# user screwing up your order routes:
# Note that __ORDER_ROUTES__ is empty by default, default Route "default"
# is used with cascades
FormIgnore      mv_order_route

## This route places the order entry in the database. If you don't
## have an inventory table (or a userdb table for that matter) make
## sure you remove it from the list of "transactions" tables.

Route log  <<EOF
 empty        1
 encrypt      0
 increment    0
 report       etc/log_transaction
 supplant     0
 track        logs/log
EOF

## This route places the order entry in the database when you are
## entering an order from the admin. See above.
Route log_entry  <<EOF
 empty        1
 encrypt      0
 report       etc/log_entry
 supplant     0
 track        logs/log
EOF

ifdef TRANSACTION_TABLES
Route log       transactions '__TRANSACTION_TABLES__'
Route log_entry transactions '__TRANSACTION_TABLES__'
endif

## This route copies the user if they requested that. We don't
## care (much) if it fails, so error_ok is set and failure will
## not cause the order to fail
Route copy_user  <<EOF
 empty        1
 error_ok     1
 encrypt      0
 increment    0
 report       etc/mail_receipt
 supplant     0
 track        logs/log
EOF

ParseVariables Yes
## This route emails the order to you unless email is set to "",
## and failsafe-logs the order report a couple of places
Route main  <<EOF
 attach            0
 credit_card       1
 default           1
 email             '__ORDERS_TO__'
 encrypt           0
 errors_to         '__ORDERS_TO__'
 pgp_cc_key        "__PGP_KEY__"
 pgp_key           "__PGP_KEY__"
 receipt           etc/receipt.html
 report            etc/report
 supplant          1
 individual_track  orders
 track             logs/tracking.asc
EOF

# Order routes can be maintained in a database
# CHANGES TO THIS WILL OVERRIDE THE ROUTES ABOVE.
RouteDatabase   route

# Default route is run if no routes set, this should be last Route
# always
Route   default   master          1
Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"
Route   default   empty           1
Route   default   supplant        1
Route   default   email           '__ORDERS_TO__'

OrderCounter    etc/order.number
OrderLineLimit  200
OrderProfile    etc/profiles.order etc/profiles.login etc/profiles.misc

with regards,
prassanna