[ic] Discounting Entire Orders

Mon Oct 22 20:19:01 2001

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:04:01PM -0400, Jim Balcom wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Ed LaFrance wrote:
>
> EL>>Well, take a look at this doc:
> EL>>http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/ictags_24.html
> EL>>
> EL>>..and consider something like this, on ord/checkout.html, top of page:
> EL>>
> EL>>[if type=explicit compare="[calc][subtotal noformat=1] > 100[/calc]"]
> EL>>         [discount ENTIRE_ORDER]$s * .9[/discount]
> EL>>[else]
> EL>>         [discount ENTIRE_ORDER][/discount]
> EL>>[/else]
> EL>>[/if]
>
> Oh! Wow! Fan-$#%$&*(&ing-tastic!
>
> That is VERY valuable! Thanks a whole lot!

Just bear in mind that does not work in the strictest sense because it
sets the session permanently.  One could set the discount, drop a few
items, and still have the discount.  That might be irrelevant or it
might not :-)  It even gets page dependant, eg they may not have to
go through checkout once it is filled.  I suppose you could simply
unset it each page and reset; the [else] won't quite do that.