[ic] In Desperate need of a NEW HOST-the latest

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 14:57:18 2001

Hi everybody,

Thank you all for your help and replies.  I have been digging through all
the good leads in the last day or so.

I wanted to bring you up to date and set a couple of things straight.  I am
pleased to announce that, after getting a call from Korksoft, I now know
what caused our site to go down.  It DID NOT entail an equipment failure,
software failure, or even anything wrong with my catalog.  Somehow, another
customer, when selecting another IP address, got mine!  This meant that the
server didn't know what the heck to do.  The situation was compounded by the
fact that a main officer of the company was out of town when this happened,
which, of course, I knew nothing about.  To rectify the situation, Korksoft
moved me to a new server that is running 4.8.2.  This was all done in a very
timely manner once the situation was addressed.  Though there was some
failure in communication early on, they dealt with me in a way that I have
been satisfied with.  I want everyone to know this, as I put value, not only
on good service to begin with, but also upon someones willingness to serve
you when everythings not going so smoothly.  I have been assured that the
issues that caused problems for me:  the IP address, and the communication,
have both already been addressed, and adjustments made where necessary.

Though I have not been with Korksoft long enough to give out recommendations
(its only been 2 weeks), I will say that when a major problem had to be
addressed, I was not hidden from and they met the problem head-on.  As far
as right now, since I am now switching versions, I am updating my catalog
information to be what I had before as far as products and pages, etc.
Hoewever, I have a WORKING install in 4.8.2 including Email, SSL, and GPG
encryption.  I consider the matter resolved....

Since this resolution has come and I dont look forward to another switch, I
plan to continue with Korksoft as my hosting service until further
notice.....

If anybody has any questions for me regarding any of this, I would be glad
to speak with them.

Sincerely,
Aaron Hazelton
aaronhaze@hotmail.com