[ic] Changing RPM install hostname...

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 20:37:01 2001

Ok, I've looked all over and I'm going to continue to look, but I
can't seem to find where I can change the hostname that IC thinks
it is.  For example, if I install the foundation store as
test.somedomain.com, get it the way I like it and then want to
take that same machine live by changing the hostname to
www.somedomain.com
(changing the DNS, of course) when I try to connect to IC on www I get
a message "unable to locate test.somedomain.com".

This is, of course, an RPM install of 4.8.2, running on RH 7.1.  There
must be some config file that contains this, but I haven't found it --
I ran find on the whole /var/lib/interchange/ directory tree for the
installed
hostname and what I found wasn't it, apparently.  I made changes in
whatever I could find and restarted IC, to no avail.

I have a sneaking feeling that it's contained in variable.gdbm, but I
don't
think that gets changed if I restart IC.  (I've done an md5sum before
and
after a change to variable.txt and restart of IC, no change.)  I'm
missing
something really dumb, I just know it.

Thanks in advance,

BTW: if anyone's keeping score, I figured out the options thing.

--Jason Balicki
Sr. Network Engineer
ASI Computers, Maryland Heights, MO