[ic] using Usertag table-organize example displays nothing

Wed Oct 24 18:08:01 2001

At 04:33 PM 10/24/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Joachim Schubert
>
> > Curt Hauge wrote:
> >
> > > This basic code:
> > >
> > > [include templates/regions/top]
> > > [include templates/regions/left]
> > > [search-region]
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > <!-- this is where the table should be -->
> > > [search-list]
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > [table-organize
> > >     interpolate=1
> > >     cols=3
> > >     pretty=1
> > >     tr.0='bgcolor="#EEEEEE"'
> > >     tr.1='bgcolor="#FFFFFF"'
> > >     td.0='align=right'
> > >     td.1='align=center'
> > >     td.2='align=left'
> > >     ]
> > > [loop list="1 2 3 1a 2a 3a 1b"] <td> [loop-code] </td> [/loop]
> > > [/table-organize]
> > > [/search-list]
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > [/search-region]
> >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > [include templates/regions/bottom]
> > >

> > Curt,
> >
> > delete the [search-region] and [search-list] tags and you will be happy.
>
>I have tried that, and it produces a 500 Internal Server Error...No error
>messages in cat, interchange, or apache error logs. I again just tried
>copying the whole usertag into interchange.cfg just below
>
>#### Now including individual usertag files
>
>#include usertag/*
>
>(table_organize routine)
>
>and restarting - same 500 error. It seems the [table-organize] routine is
>not being found or is not working (gosh I hate to say that when it is
>probably some error on my part). I tried various things, with/wo
>interpolate=1, etc. I have several cats live and running without problems,
>so I am sure my install is OK. I have the file table_organize in
>/usr/lib/interchange/usertag. Permissions and ownership are OK. Anyone have
>any other ideas? This seems like it should be so simple. Is there another
>way to display 'products' in multiple columns and rows?
>
>Thanks again!
>
>Curt

I'm not sure where you have gone wrong here but I suggest you start from
scratch to find out. Assuming you are using the latest version of IC, the
table-organize tag appears to work fine - this small sample, mostly from
the POD in the tag itself, produces the expected output:

<head></head>
         [table-organize
             cols=3
             pretty=1
             tr.0='bgcolor="#EEEEEE"'
             tr.1='bgcolor="#FFFFFF"'
             td.0='align=right'
             td.1='align=center'
             td.2='align=left'
             ]
             [loop list="1 2 3 1a 2a 3a 1b"] <td> [loop-code] </td> [/loop]
         [/table-organize]

...if you past this into an otherwise empty test.html page in your
catalog's pages directory and pull it up in your browser you should see a
small table (I do). If not, something is amiss with your IC installation.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax