[ic] Install - Orders/Administration Not Functional

Dmitry Maksimov interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 01:19:00 2001

> IC 4.8.2 (new install)
> FreeBSD 4.0
> Apache 1.3.12
> Perl 5.6.0
> System load is negligible
>
> Hi all, installing IC for the first time (many Minivend stores
previously).
> Installed the "foundation" store and all went well.  Store works,
great!,
> looks like this will be fun.
> On the Admin side of things, the "Orders" button and the
"Administration"
> button both cause the ever-popular "Premature end of script headers"
error.
> Neither of the 2 IC error.log files (top level and catalog) have
anything
> illuminating, and the Apache error log says just the "Premature
end...".

> All other store and administrative functions seem OK - I've added
items,
> product categories, placed orders, etc., etc.  Suggestions?
>
> TIA!
> Glenn.

This is an extraction from MiniVend FAQ:

This usually means that your HTTP server ran out of resources during the
execution of the link program. It couldn't create more sockets, is
unable to create a process, or can't open any more files.

This happens especially in frames catalogs, when MiniVend/Interchange is
sending more than one page simultaneously. And even more especially on
FreeBSD and BSDI, which are distributed with the kernel parameters
SOMAXCONN and CHILD_MAX set to levels unsuitable for serving the web.

Regards,
Dmitry