[ic] template problem

Elissa H.G. Burda interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 16:41:01 2001

We are trying to change the template page for our products. We were able to
change the main template, but that is it. We are not given the option
anywhere else. When we try to use the wizard to set up the products, it is
unable to find the file location to download the products from this
location. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Elissa

Everything Earth
PO Box 25362
Portland OR 97298
Ph: 503-641-3029
Toll Free: 866-36-EARTH
Fax: 503-643-3308
eearth@everythingearth.com
www.everythingearth.com
Bringing businesses and customers together to make a difference...

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Peter
Jakl
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 11:13 AM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] Solving problems

I just want to pass on some advice when tracking down problems. I find
the documentation to be rather confusing at times, so here's a tip that
may help you all.

Interchange has the ability to create a detailed debug log that can help
track down problems. To enable it, do the following:

1. edit interchange.cfg and remove the '#' where Variable DEBUG 1 is
defined.
2. edit the source module that affects the feature you are looking at or
all of them for that matter. Most of the work is done by .pm modules in
the lib/Vend subdirectory of where interchange is installed
(/usr/lib/interchange in my case). There are many lines that begin

#::logDebug(...)

Use your editor to remove the '#' comment character and resave the
modules. (you can do it in vi using ":%s/^#::log/::log/" (no quotes).

3. restart interchange

As you run your tests, messages will be collected in "/tmp/icdebug" that
will be very helpful.

When you are done don't forget to reverse the process.

I hope this isn't too basic for this list. I am new to Interchange and
found this to solve a few of my problems.

Peter