[ic] Tax rates and confusion

Jason Timm interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 23:53:00 2001

Hi,

In the Admin Panel, under the "Tax" heading, three states are listed, with
tax rate percentages.  I want to wipe out these states and percentages, so
tried to delete them with the red "X".  Next, I tried clearing the boxes,
and clicked apply changes. It appeared that the database was being updated
and gave me a "success" message.  However, whenever I return to the Tax
screen, nothing has changed.  I tried using the update button, but that
doesn't work either.  I am logged into the Admin Panel as the site
administrator (as created my makecat).

I am using IC 4.8.2 / RH 7.1

My states.txt file does not reflect any sales tax for the 3 mysterious
states referenced above (I edited the table through the Admin Panel table
editor instead of the Tax editor).  Even though the file seems correct by
inspection after the editing, a trial run through the store nets a tax
charge when the order is from one of the 3 aforementioned states.  I have
restarted the Interchange server.  I have tried percussive maintenance.
(not really).  Any ideas?  Where does that Tax editor function get its data?

Thanks,
Perplexed IC user