[ic] Maybe offtopic? Missing directory for apache log files

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 03:45:01 2001

Jonathan Clark wrote:

> > I noticed a strange behavior with on of my MV/IC costumer. He has
> > removed the directory, which is needed for the apache log files.
> > Apache can't started, if one of some directory is missing for the log
> > files and all MV/IC catalogs are not available for the internet world.
> > Are there any directives in httpd.conf, which will apache allow to
> > create the missing directory, if this is missing?
> > Any solutions, hints or helps?
>
> Just make sure the user does not have permission to delete it. Make the logs
> directory owned by root with permissions 755

Jonathan,

thank you for your help. The user is not able to removed the logs
directory. I've

drwxr-xr-x  2 root  jojo   512 Oct 26 09:30 logs
and
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  jojo   512 Oct 26 09:30 .
drwxr-xr-x  7 jojo  jojo   512 Oct 26 09:35 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 root  jojo  2421 Oct 26 09:30 apache_access_log

One more and last question! How is the setting of the logs directory to
make sure, user is able to delete the content of the directory, but not
able to delete the directory itself? Or should I make the log files
owned by user, after apache have created all the log files?

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]