[ic] form validation problems..

Fri Oct 26 18:51:01 2001

On 26 Oct 2001, Eduardo Dominguez wrote:

ED>>I am creating a custom form to gets some input from
ED>>the customers. Its on a page of its own.
ED>>
ED>>What I want to do is:
ED>> - have customers fill the form
ED>> - all fields are required
ED>> - do some minimal validation of the data
ED>> - if the form is correctly filled
ED>>   - insert data in the DB
ED>>   - redirect the user to a specific page
ED>> - if its incorrect
ED>>   - display error messages of wrong fields
ED>>   - stay in the same form page
ED>>
ED>>
ED>>I have a form with:
ED>>
ED>>  <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_todo VALUE=return>
ED>>  <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_form_profile VALUE=Check_form>

Take a look at checkout.html. It has a lot of fields that are required, and
once the information is gathered it is inserted in the database. You may
need to add fields to the database to get it to work.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, October 26, 2001 at 18:50 PM:
Exploding piglets!!! My god, it's raining bacon!

This Linux System has been up 8 hours