[ic] error in lib/vend/table/dbi.pm?

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Oct 28 14:48:04 2001

Frederic Steinfels <fredo@dvdupgrades.ch> writes:

> Hi everybody
>
> I have just spent two hours finding out why my SQL Query "SHOW COLUMNS
> FROM pricing" failed. I hope this fix will be implemented in the next
> release.
>
> In Interchange 4.8.1 dbi.pm line 1498 there is written
>
>     $update = 1 if $query !~ /^\s*select\s+/i;
>
> In order to get those show and explain things to work, you whould write
>
>     $update = 1 if $query !~ /^\s*(select|show|explain)\s+/i;
>
> or are there any security issues?

I suppose no one thought of these statements resp. a meaningful use
of these statements within IC. You're supposed to know your database
structure beforehand.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices