[ic] Shipping Method Popup

Götz Verdieck interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 13:49:01 2001

> Using the Foundation Demo store, if you attempt to buy something and
> proceed to check out, you are asked for shipping information.  If you
> do not create an account (or log in with an existing account), the
> Shipping Method popup list is not populated with any choices.  If you
> fill out the form completely and submit it ("Place Order"), processing
> is completed but no shipping charges are included (since you didn't
> select a shipping method).  It seems that what happens is that when
> the system tries to build the Shipping Method popup without knowing
> the shipping location, it cannot since the system doesn't know what
> methods or costs are available.
>
> Since many people (like me) seem to take the Foundation store and
> modify it for actual use, it seems like something should be done.  I
> don't really know Interchange well enough to know what the best path
> would be.
>
> One option that occurs to me is to move the Shipping Method and
> Billing information to another, subsequent page so that by the time
> you get there, a shipping location will be known and the shipping
> method popup can be populated correctly.  Is that the "right" thing to
> do (i.e. will it work as expected)?  Are there other "better" methods
> of dealing with this?  Are people putting Shipping Method on the same
> page where Shipping Address is gathered but where the Shipping Methods
> are being generated?  What am I missing?

Hi,

I had the same problem. The loop over the shipping methodes has a bug.
But you can solve it, when you insert the following code to the
checkout.html:

     <SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
       [loop option=mv_shipmode
       list=|[data table=country key='[default country US]' col=shipmodes]|
      ]
              <OPTION VALUE="[loop-code]"> [shipping-desc [loop-code]]
      [/loop]
          </SELECT>

I hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,