[ic] Shipping Question - Referencing Rate and Zone Files?

Mon Oct 29 20:56:00 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Nolan & Lori Hostetler wrote:

NLH>>This is my first Interchange store.  It's just about ready to roll, but I'm
NLH>>hung up on Shipping.  The store will use the following shipping options:
NLH>>Priority Mail, Air Parcel Post, USPS Flat Rate

USPS Flat Rate???

NLH>>Using the "Ground.csv" file as a model, I created "PriorityMail.csv" with
NLH>>all of the current priority mail rates for each postal zone.  Then, I
NLH>>created "972.csv" as the postal zone file (which matches the zip code to the
NLH>>zone).  Next, I went into the Admin. area of the UI, and in Shipping,
NLH>>created a "USPSPM Priority Mail" method.  Calculation is done by weight.
NLH>>
NLH>>So, now that this is all set up, how do I enable Priority Mail to take the
NLH>>receiver's zip code and refer to these weight and zone files for the correct
NLH>>shipping amount?

In shipping.asc:

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  0       150     u PriorityMail [value
name=zip filter=digits default=22306] {}

uspspm  Priority Mail   weight  150     999999  e @@TOTAL@@ lbs too
heavy for Priority Mail {}

(Those are long lines that are tab-delimited)

You need a PriorityMail.csv with a rate chart.
You need to tell your data base manager about this data base (as in
dbconf/default_db/PriorityMail.dbm)

In the country file you need to put this mode in as an option for your
country.txt file (presumably the USA from your message) Mine is:

US      US      fdxg uspspm fdxa fdxb   United States

(tab delimited)

Feel free to ask me specific questions.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, October 29, 2001 at 20:45 PM:
Ultimate office automation: networked Coke machines.

This Linux System has been up 83 hours