[ic] Still Clueless

Chris Rapier interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Sep 1 22:17:01 2001

"Frederick R. Matzen" wrote:

> I wasn't expecting you to fix it. I feel that what you have created is very
> good. It's just that my setup wont currently allow me to use it. Had I done
> some more research before signing on with Hostway.com I would have found
> some of the sites that were Interchange friendly and used them instead.
>
> I've only given up for now (unless some genius figures it out) but I haven't
> given up forever.
> If I have to in the near future I will change servers.
>
> BTW Anyone using IC successfully on a hosting service?

I'm using it on pair.com. Its a pretty good deal and if they get a
couple more IC customers they'll be setting up a dedicated IC server.
Right now its only me. :(

Anyway, it can't be a big pain to set it up when you don't have full
permissions. The first this I would do is send mail to your sysdamin and
ask if they can install the Interchange bundle (Bundle::Interchange). If
they do then you shouldn't have to worry about any local_install foo. If
they won't then its still possible but requires some mucking about.
Nothing deadly serious though. How do you stand on things now?