[ic] passing "data session arg" between apges and dynamic content generation

Lukasz Z interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Sep 2 15:24:00 2001

ciao everyone!

trying to build a dynamic "subcategory" page based on a selection from the
"main" categories list on the main page.

The table "kategorie", which contains categories list looks like this:

id,    name,    parent

The code to generate a main categories list is:

[loop
 prefix=box
 search="
  fi=kategorie
  st=db
  sf=parent
  rf=id,name
  op=eq
  se=0
"]
      [page cat_2 [box-param id]]<font color=#ffffff>[box-param
name]</font>[/page]<br>
[/loop]

As you can see it creates a list of links to cat_2.html (subcategory
skeleton) - and takes field "id" as an argument . (created link looks like -
/foundation/cat_2.html?mv_arg=xx?mv_pc=yy)

Then in the "cat_2.html" I want to build a similar list of subcategories
based on the selected main category (main cat is the one which has a
parent=0). So I figured out it should be sth like this:

[fly-list code="[data session arg]"]
[loop
 prefix=box
 search="
  fi=kategorie
  st=db
  sf=parent
  rf=id,name
  op=eq
  se="[data session arg]"
"]
      [page cat_2 [box-param id]]<font color=#ffffff>[box-param
name]</font>[/page]<br>
[/loop]
[/fly-list]

However nothing is created, not even the standatrd <table> elements, and
<!-- comments -->. Any ideas what is wrong?

I also couldn't find explanation on what is the "mv_pc" parameter - what is
it?

Where can I find code for a famoun "bar_link" subroutine (standard in
"foundation" categroy tree) - in my instalation of foundation (4.8.1) - I
cannot find it in place specified by manuals.

Best regards

Lukasz Z